Mercedes is not only known for its gorgeous looking sedans but also outrageously modified big 4x4s. Case in this crazy X-Class we showed you some months back and now this, the big G650 Maybach Landaulet. I think this is the first time I am seeing the ‘Maybach’ badge with an SUV!
Before getting into the fine points, allow me to summarize the highlights:
- Showcase at upcoming Geneva Show in March 2017
- Only 99 units of this will be made
- Gets the 630 bhp V12 bi-turbo engine with 1000 Nm!
- Rides on massive 325/55 R22 wheels.
- Has a ground clearance of 450mm – that’s double that of the Endeavour!
- Independent dual 10-inch infotainment monitors at the back
- Heated / cooled cup holders
- Partition screen for rear passengers – can be turned opaque in seconds
- Soft top opens electrically – rear passengers can enjoy wind-in-the-hair experience
- 5.3 m long and 2.2 m tall, the wheelbase is 450mm longer than the normal G
The G650 Maybach Landaulet is as exclusive as a 4×4 can ever get. And its just not about the comfort and convenience that it provides to the driver. True to any ‘Maybach’ car, the massive G650 makes sure rear two passengers are pampered in true Mercedes fashion. So it can be your luxurious chauffeur driven car as well as a capable extreme off-roader.
The rear seats are a pick from the S-Class which means these multi-adjustable seats can even be set to a fully reclined position. Then there is the massage function along with inflatable air chambers. You also have a glass partition for that exclusive privacy on the go.
This is what Head Of Marketing At Mercedes-Benz cars has to say about this edition : “The name Maybach dates back to the beginnings of the automobile. It stands for supreme luxury with tradition, combined with high-tech. In 2015, we took the logical step of opening a new chapter in the luxury class with our Mercedes-Maybach sub-brand. Since then, over 15,000 Mercedes-Maybachs have been produced. Hence, one in every ten vehicles sold in the S-Class segment was a Mercedes-Maybach. With the Mercedes-Maybach G-Class Landaulet, we are now extending the Mercedes-Maybach portfolio to include the world’s most iconic and prestigious off-roader. With the fifth model after the S-Class Saloon, Pullman and Cabriolet as well as the Mercedes-Maybach Vision 6 show car, we are underlining the importance of the Mercedes-Maybach sub-brand for the Mercedes brand family.”