Renault is expected to launch its next SUV, the Kaptur, by October this year. Sharing a lot in common with the Duster (underpinnings), the Kaptur will take on the segment leader Hyundai Creta. Infact the company has started feedback sessions from current Duster owners – this is happening at the Expo center in Greater Noida.
Thanks to Nitesh Sharma for the following info. This is what he shared with us yesterday:
- Its a proper 5-seater
- Top end model gets keyless entry with start-stop
- The top end version will be priced just over the Creta.
- Fixed armrest up front without the inner compartment
- 6-speed manual is standard
- Old school type fuel meter
- Ground clearance stands at 215 mm
- Average sound proofing (same as Duster)
- LED fog lamps up front
- No water bottle holders at the rear
- Cooled glovebox
- Cruise control available in top-end
- Boot space similar to that of S-Cross (looks visually similar too)
- Looks a lot like the GLA from the side
- Tyre size is 215/60 R17
The Renault Kaptur will come with two engine options of a 1.6-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. More details soon!