Skoda, India’s 12th biggest car manufacturer has launched the Octavia ONYX edition in the country. Interestingly, the official press release does not mention about the price of this version. The Octavia ONYX edition is available with both petrol and diesel engine options.
Skoda has not had a very good innings in India. They sold about 1220 cars in Jan and just 1043 cars in Dec last year which translates into a market share of less than half a percent. As per rumors, this special edition is being passed off as a last minute attempt to kick off some sales before they introduce the new Octavia in India.
The Skoda Octavia ONYX gets the following add-ons
- New 16” Premia black alloy wheels
- New attractive body colour spoiler, new decorative foils, door sills and decorative black exterior mirrors
- 4 year service care program: 4 year warranty, 4 year (24 x 7) Road Side Assistance(RSA) and a 4 year (optional) service package
- It will only be offered on the top-end Style Plus variant
- ONYX edition will be available for a limited period only
Mechanically the car remains untouched which means it will come with a choice of a petrol and a diesel motor. The former is a 1.8-litre unit pushing out 177 horses and is mated to a 7-speed DSG gearbox while the latter is a 2.0-litre unit pushing out 141 bhp and is mated to a 6-speed DSG gearbox.
Skoda says they will make only 100 units of the Octavia ONYX edition and these will be priced about 19000-21000 more than the existing models. Do you like this? Leave your comment below.