The Off-Road Adventure Zone (see website) opened up to 4×4 enthusiasts today. This was much needed for Delhi NCR owners (read the Ford Endeavour event around the same area last month) who wanted a safe but technical area to push their machines to the max without having to worry about back-up safety or refreshments.
Located on the Gurgaon-Faridabad road, the off-road adventure zone is spread across 4 acres and has as many as 25 different obstacles for both seasoned and amateur drivers. While a proper article will come up soon, here is our collection of the best ten jumps we captured today at the venue.
The Mahindras First
- The good old Jeep shows the way its done up in the air
2. Yes we had one of these coming in for the event. No mods, no fat tyres, pure ‘Jeep’ blood!
3. The Mahindra Thar is a big hit with off-road enthusiasts. This one did it in style
4. Also the main image for this article, this has to be the best shot yet. Do you agree?
5. Another shot of the same Thar, before it took off!
The Maruti Gypsys
- The driver took it easy but being light weight, the Gypsy can do airborne easily
2. This has to be the best Gypsy shot we got today. And she sounded awesome!
3. We even managed to capture one from the back – look closely and you will see the front wheels in the air!
The Force Gurkha
There was also a Force Gurkha with a Mohali registration. It was great to see this big 4×4 do the track and it did clear almost all the obstacles. Here is a pic of the Gurkha on two wheels – this is a very capable SUV with lockable differentials as well.
The Mitsubishi Pajero
More images from the event coming up soon. Incase you cant wait, see our report on the Ford Endeavour off-road experience in Delhi NCR. Here is my Facebook LIVE feed from the venue